Posted on: November 14, 2021
Why Choose Us?Novolex - is a leader in packaging innovation,
choice and sustainability. We manufacture products in paper,
plastic and sustainable materials for the food, retail, health and
industrial markets.Our Sustainability CommitmentThe Novolex
sustainability vision is built upon three pillars: our products,
our operations and our people. Each is critically important to our
growth and future as a business. These pillars form the foundation
of our company-wide commitment to sustainability, helping us
achieve our ambitious goals through our wide-ranging
initiatives.How You'll Perform the Role
- Perform various duties to install and maintain production
machines and the plant facility's equipment.
- Conducts machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive
- Provides emergency and unscheduled repairs of production
equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance
repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production
- Performs mechanic skills including but not limited to,
mechanical, and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging
and production machines.
- Performs electrical troubleshooting and repair on various
equipment and building maintenance.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to
perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make
- Will use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and
material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Safely operate and repair forklift.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly
work areas.What We Need From You
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background and drug
- Work overtime as required.
- Ability perform the essential functions of the job with or
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a maintenance
mechanic/technician role in a manufacturing environment.
- Electrical training/experience with 480 3 phases/machine
- Experience with VFD Drives and PLCs preferred.
- Background with manufacturing methods, process improvement
programs and procedures required.
- Experience operating forklift equipment.
- Ability to successfully multitask in a fast pace
- The commitment to stay safe and to continue to learn and
- Satisfactorily completes training courses as determined by
management.Shift: DayWhat You'll Get From UsBenefitsWith safety as
our top priority and a commitment to employee well-being an
important focus, we offer comprehensive and competitive benefits
that include medical, dental and vision insurance (including
Telehealth options) as well as a variety of other well-being
resources focused on mental, physical and financial health.
Specific benefits and well-being programs may vary depending on
where you work.Community EngagementAt Novolex, giving back to the
local communities that support us is important. Our Focused Giving
Program prioritizes support for organizations whose missions
promote sustainability initiatives or address food and hunger
needs. We also encourage facility level support of activities in
the communities where our employees live and work.Training and
DevelopmentWe offer constant opportunities for advancement. From
skills development to advanced education programs, training and
development programs and courses are available through Novolex
University. Programs include company and industry training
curricula, support for formal education through the Tuition
Reimbursement Program, and a Learning Management System that
supports and enhances employee skills at all levels of the
organization.Job Reference: US00396
Keywords: Novolex, Meriden , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Meriden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!