Posted on: May 25, 2023
Under the direct supervision of a Radiologist the CT Technologist performs exams at a technical level that does not require direct supervision over technical detail. This position requires advanced -medical imaging knowledge, including skill in cross-sectional anatomy. - - A complete knowledge of all types of diagnostic CT exams and interventional procedures is required. Uses independent judgment, ingenuity and acquired knowledge to obtain quality diagnostic images. Assists with interventional procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. - They are intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and responsibilities of this position. - These responsibilities and competencies listed below may change from time to time.
- - - - - - - - - Job-Specific Competency
1. - - - - - Assures that patient's clinical data coincides with and matches the type of exam that is being ordered. - Follows up with Doctor's office when exam ordered is in question and does not seem reasonable given the patient's clinical record.
2. - - - - - Assist Radiologist in interventional procedures. Coordinates patient's medical needs with the Radiology Nurse. - Assures that room is properly equipped for procedure and cleaned appropriately post procedure.
3. - - - - - Assures female patients of child bearing ages are screened for possibility of pregnancy.
4. - - - - - Demonstrates skill in IV insertion.
5. - - - - - Documents exams into radiology system to ensure proper billing.
6. - - - - - Independently runs one's own schedule and properly documents patient flow while remaining sensitive to patients care and other co-workers needs and desires. - Remains flexible in patient flow in order to accommodate daily emergency calls and requests for inpatient procedures. - Assists in obtaining transportation for patients when procedures are scheduled by internal Hospitalists, Physicians, etc.
7. - - - - - Demonstrates competency in performing all types of CT scans
8. - - - - - Processes CT exams utilizing the teleradiology system during off shift hours. - Able to trouble shoot problems and contact correct help lines if necessary.
9. - - - - - Demonstrates the ability to choose correct protocols for patients based on age and size.
10. - Accurately completes computer (Meditech) patient procedure documentation. - Assures the accuracy of documentation understanding that all items will be charged to the patient's hospital bill. - Submits correctly documented and labeled exam to the Radiologist and is available for review and discussion. Reviews each exam for technical accuracy.
11. - Transports patients when needed.
12. - Performs quality assurance in accordance with the American College of Radiology guidelines for CT.
13. - Reviews post instructions to patient (example: hydration, when physician will receive results)
14. - Demonstrates ability to trouble shoot any electronic equipment such as scanner, workstations, and printers.
15. - Independently responds on a call basis to perform procedures. - Drives to affiliate and/or contracted location to provide services as may be required.
16. - Works cooperatively and exhibits Core Values at all time in order to accomplish all tasks as a member of the Medical Imaging Team.
Keywords: ECHN, Meriden , CT Technologist, Other , Meriden, Connecticut
here to apply!