PCA Personal Care Assistant
Company: Companion Forever/ Accord Care
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*AccordCare and our family of brands* is a premier in-home
personal care company providing services to people of all ages and
levels of need. A better quality of care comes from exceptional
caregivers and AccordCare only hires the best! AccordCare is an
employee-friendly company. We focus on our employees to ensure they
have a healthy work and life balance. Our employees become our
family; through excellent training and support, they are ready to
serve our clients with a fresh perspective on successful aging.
If you're a CNA, HHA, PCA, or Companion and want to be part of a
growing company with an incredibly bright future and have a
commitment to providing the highest quality of care to patients and
their families/caregivers, we'd love the opportunity to hear from
you! You will work alongside fellow caregivers under the
supervision of a Registered Nurse to help our clients live their
best possible life!
To provide the highest quality of care to AccordCare clients
utilizing the Plan of Care provided to ensure client's needs are
met in relation to safety, well-being, and satisfaction
* Provides safe and effective personal care for the client based on
individualized Plan of Care prepared by nurse
* and available in the clients home.
* Drives/escorts client to and from appointments/activities as
requested, resulting in a safe and timely transport
* Provides accurate and timely required documentation (i.e.
declining to participate in all parts of Plan of Care)
* ensuring effective management of cases and compliance.
* Documents client care in the EMR and within the assigned shift
including clocking in and out, tasks and any
* narrative notes.
* Provides prompt communication of changes in client medical
status/emergencies to Nurse Supervisor resulting
* in effective management of cases.
* Provides prompt communication of changes in Clients/Caregivers
schedules (i.e. tardiness, vacation, requested
* time-off, change of status, reduction in hours, etc.) to Care
Coordinators resulting in effective management of
* Calls in to Care Coordinator to confirm weekly schedules
resulting in required coverage being met.
* Other duties as assigned or needed
* Always maintains professional demeanor and appearance.
* Maintains professional boundaries always.
* To recognize emergency situations; demonstrate a sense of
* Ability to prepare for a client assignment and arrive on time to
the designated client.
* Clearly understand assignments and patient location.
* Understand and follow clinical and staffing instructions with a
*REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION*
* Knowledge of Plan of Care for assigned clients; Accord Services
External Handbook policies and procedures; telephone etiquette.
* Certificate from an accredited training program; Listed on the
State Registry or successfully obtain a passing score on a test
issued by the appropriate testing body or agency.
* Excellent communication skills; team player; interpersonal
skills; good collaboration skills; customer service skills; ability
to use the electronic health record for documentation and
communication regarding client care.
* The ability to comprehend, speak, read and write the English
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.00 - $18.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Free parking
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Mileage reimbursement
* Paid time off
* Paid training
* Referral program
* Vision insurance
* Home Health
* 10 hour shift
* 12 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Every weekend
* Monday to Friday
* Night shift
* Rotating weekends
* Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
* Signing bonus
* Driver's License (Preferred)
* BLS Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road%58047475%
Keywords: Companion Forever/ Accord Care, Meriden , PCA Personal Care Assistant, Other , Meriden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!