Quality Assurance Supervisor
Company: Stay Fresh Food, LLC _ Meriden
Posted on: November 12, 2021
At Universal Pure, we're dedicated to giving people everywhere
safe, fresh, and delicious food to eat and drink. We provide
high-pressure processing, value-added services and cold storage for
our partners in the food industry. We are focused on safety and
driven by service.Quality Assurance Supervisor Position Summary:The
mission of the Quality Assurance Manager is to provide quality
assurance direction and supervision of quality assurance to the
operations of the facility. The Quality Assurance Manager is
responsible for providing guidance and regulates the inspection and
quality control procedures to purchased materials, in-process
material, and finished products to assure that quality control
standards are maintained. The position requires knowledge of
quality methods, techniques, and equipment. The QA Manager must
have, or achieve within a reasonable timeframe, certification in
SQF, HAACP, and GMP programs.Quality Assurance Supervisor Duties
- Assists the Quality Manager in developing and maintaining
Standard Operating Procedures and Program instructions.
- Directs workers engaged in testing product, tabulating data
concerning materials, product, or process quality and
- Supervises the time and production records as required.
- Ensures product is processed to company HACCP/HARPC
- Informs Quality Assurance Management of ANY food safety.
- Implements and Manages food safety corrective actions.
- Prioritizes and performs position responsibilities accurately
and to deadline.
- Provides assistance to local and Corporate management in
carrying out changes to the food safety system of the facility;
giving assistance in creating, reviewing, authenticating, and
maintaining food safety system documents, including standard
operating procedures (SOP's) and programs working in collaboration
with the Quality Assurance team; provides assistance in maintaining
document registers and documentation.
- Provides daily monitoring of QA personnel to ensure compliance
to food safety system of the facility; performs or directs those
performing formal audit on GMP.
- Ensures training of facility personnel on GMP's, Risk
Preventive Controls, Hazard Analysis, Pre-requisite programs, and
other applicable food safety system elements as required.
- Oversees the collection and analysis of product samples as
required, as well as document information derived from
- Safely keeps records of all facility analytical results;
immediately reporting results discovered to be out of specification
to the QA Manager.
- Keeps documented reports of analytical results submitted to QA
Manager, also responsible for tracking and reporting data
- Responsible for QA Techs inspecting raw materials coming in;
investigates non-conformance and complaints about product; and
provides leadership for the facility team in performing
- Responsible for hosting visitors to the facility with the Plant
Manager, including regulatory agency representatives and customer
- Knows and understands the applicable FDA regulations and
- Possesses an innovative, resourceful, and proactive
disposition, committed to ensuring continuous improvement of
capacity and quality service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Minimum 2 years QA leadership experience required, preferably
in the food manufacturing industry.
- 5 years general QA experience preferred but not required,
preferably in the food manufacturing industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in Quality or related discipline.
- Quality Assurance Certification in SQF, HACCP, and GMP.
- Good computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Extreme detail orientation and thoroughness.
- Flexibility with work schedule to meet the needs of the
- Excellent interpersonal skill with internal and external
customers.Quality Assurance Supervisor Working Conditions and
- This position will be performed both within our office
environment and our production floor which is a wet/cold
environment.At Universal Pure we offer medical, dental, vision,
life insurance, and other health benefits. We also offer a 401(k)
with a company match, paid vacation, paid holidays, and an
attendance bonus. We are developing an effective, caring, and
respectful team both in the HR department and across the
organization and seek to add new employees who feel the
same.Interested? Let's talk. Please apply today."We are an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.""Upon
offer of employment, candidates will be asked to complete a drug
screening test. The offer of employment is contingent upon
successful completion of this test. Marijuana/THC will NOT
disqualify an applicant."Quality Assurance, Quality Assurance,
Quality Assurance, Quality Assurance, Quality Assurance, Quality
Assurance, Quality Assurance, Quality Assurance, Quality Assurance,
Quality Assurance, Quality Assurance,
Keywords: Stay Fresh Food, LLC _ Meriden, Meriden , Quality Assurance Supervisor, Other , Meriden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!