Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Shift 1
Details: Hospice Nurse Preceptor M-F with some
weekend rotation as needed to meet education needs in the
Work where every
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work
with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment
matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s
most comprehensive healthcare network as a Hospice Nurse
Hartford HealthCare at Home, the
largest provider of homecare services in Connecticut, has been
fulfilling our mission for more than 115 years. Our
Person-Centered Care Model allows our employees to learn and grow
within our organization, all while providing integrated support to
the patient. As part of Hartford HealthCare, we leverage
cutting edge technology to provide quality care in our client’s
home. Most importantly, our employees are appreciated for the
real differences they make in both the lives of their clients and
their clients’ families.
Basic Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for providing practical clinical experience and
guidance to field clinicians to include orientation of new
clinicians and ongoing support to existing clinicians.
In general, most of the time will be
spent performing the following job functions:
- Ensures compliance with applicable licensure/certification
requirement, applicable healthcare standards, governmental laws and
regulations, and HHCAH policies and procedures.
- Abides by and demonstrates H3W Leadership Behaviors and
continued process improvement through job performance on a
- Proficient performance with case managing, all OASIS time
points and skilled nursing revisits to clinicians during
- Proficient use of SHP to determine trends, educational
opportunities and to provide feedback to clinicians.
- Observes clinical skills and patient interaction of new
clinicians and provides feedback to the clinician.
- Works with clinicians to review application of clinical
documentation and forms.
- Reviews Orientation process with Clinical Development
Specialist to determine the clinicians’ level of understanding and
need for reeducation as needed.
- Reviews patient care processes with clinicians and assesses
clinicians’ level of understanding.
- Meets with new hire on a regular basis to assess
- Meets with Clinical Development Specialist and Clinical Team
Managers on a regular basis to discuss progress of new hire.
- Serves as mentor to new clinical hires to include regular
discussions each month for a minimum of one year.
- Maintains/enhances clinical practice skills by attending,
participating in/conducting staff development/ continuing education
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: CT RN License required
Experience: Three years of home
health experience, OASIS certification preferred
Miscellaneous: Ability to travel
within the region to perform visits, willingness to travel between
regions as needed. Excellent verbal and written communication
skills, including computer usage and teaching skills
We take great care of
With locations around the state,
Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career
development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization
on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies,
breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men,
women and children. We know that a thriving organization
starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits
program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment
matters. And this is your moment.