Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) / OR General Surgery
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Shift 1
Work where every
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work
with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment
matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most
comprehensive healthcare network.
Serving our community since 1998, MidState Medical Center is a
vibrant and progressive organization with a genuine concern for our
patients, community, and employee’s alike. We’ve earned top honors
for quality stroke care, gold level recognition for organ donation,
and employing leaders in the field of cardiovascular and pulmonary
rehabilitation, providing the highest quality level of care.
Provide service and support before, during, and after surgical
procedures. Ensures the presence and proper arrangement of surgical
equipment and supplies in the operating room to each operation;
assists the surgeon during the operation as allowed by professional
and legal standards; and assists with cleaning operating room after
the operation ensuring proper routing of equipment, and used
material. Reports to Manager.
• Completion of a surgical technician program.
• Must be certified through the National Board of Surgical
Technology and Surgical
• Assisting (NBSTSA) or be able to obtain certification within one
year of employment.
• Maintainence of CPR, BLS validation and attendance of annual
Validation Day required.
• Knowledge of various surgical procedures with the ability to
anticipate the needs of the
surgeon and to recognize the problems encountered by the
• Knowledge of name and function of surgical equipment and
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
• Strict adherence to policies and regulations regarding
maintenance of sterile field required.
• Knowledge and practice of basic care and patient safety
• Application of the principles of asepsis in a manner that
provides optimal patient care.
• Knowledge of OR emergency situations.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, Meriden , Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) / OR General Surgery, Other , Meriden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!