Admissions Specialist - Behavioral Health
Company: William Backus Hospital
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Admissions Specialist gives support to the Director of
Admissions by fulfilling all admission related tasks including
admission policies, procedures and bed management of residential
rehabilitation programs for Rushford.
Complete Admission phone-screen, demographic and scheduling
information utilizing the scripted conversation to convert caller
to a scheduled admission.
Process direct referrals from professionals paying close
attention to medical acuity, psychiatric stability and prescribed
Identify clients who need clinical screening prior to admission.
Gather information as requested for review.
Obtain and verify third party payor eligibility/benefits.
Educate all callers and utilize all financial options to fund
their treatment investment to convert to an admission.
Schedule admissions for adult and adolescent clients in
coordination with other admission staff to ensure effective and
efficient admission to program.
Conduct facility tours, welcoming clients and families,
utilizing customer service skills learned through internal and
Ensure admission is complete by following checklists for
accuracy while displaying empathy, dignity and respect to the
client and their families.
Participates in H3W workgroup as assigned.
Perform additional responsibilities and /or special projects as
assigned by supervisor.
- Adhere to Rushford policies and procedures.
- Minimum of an associate's degree or equivalent experience
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years- office experience
- One year of keyboarding and computer skills with working
knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Consultative sales experience is a plus
- Knowledge of drug & alcohol treatment or disease concept of
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Good interpersonal/written communication skills
- Ability to perform duties with minimal direction
- Customer Service and detail oriented
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Be able to function as a member of a team
Keywords: William Backus Hospital, Meriden , Admissions Specialist - Behavioral Health, Other , Meriden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!