Program Coordinator - Behavioral Health
Company: William Backus Hospital
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to
work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every
moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's
most comprehensive healthcare network.
Rushford Center, one of Connecticut's leading providers of
addiction and mental health services, is nationally recognized for
delivering outstanding prevention, treatment and recovery programs.
We offer a wide range of programs including Acute Care and
Evaluation, Residential Addiction Treatment, Individual, Group &
Family Therapy, Intensive Outpatient programs and Community Support
Programs. Through the passion of our specialists, we continue to
treat every patient with care, compassion and respect, while
providing affordable and accessible services.
Provides orientation, performance appraisal and supervision of
direct care staff. Assists the manager and/or director in the
maintenance of all required program documentation, statistical
reporting, and other records necessary to ensure effective service
delivery. Coordinates the day to day tasks of the program and
ensures shifts are appropriately covered. Provides supervision and
coaching to staff.
- Coordinates caseloads and assists in referring new clients to
appropriate staff. Ensures that staff are scheduled to adequately
meet program needs at all times.
- Supervises the direct care staff to ensure client needs are
assessed adequately and that all clients have an appropriate
Individualized Service Plan (ISP).
- Oversees the direct care staff to ensure that all elements of
the ISPs are coordinated, clients' needs are monitored to assure
effective service delivery, and that clients are making progress
toward stated objectives. Assists as needed.
- Ensures that clients receive supportive interventions including
direct teaching interventions to assist clients in the development
and/or practice and maintenance of needed adult-living skills.
- Ensures clients receive assistance with finding, obtaining, and
retaining safe, affordable and decent housing.
- Prepares appropriate medical documentation to meet regulatory
requirements of licensing and third party agencies. Maintains all
client records including progress notes, service plans and
- Participates in the screening, interviewing and hiring of new
staff members. Provides orientation for new staff members, conducts
performance appraisals, and participates in any necessary
- Develop Regular supervision schedule and maintains accurate
supervision notes. Coaches employees appropriately and completes
annual performance evaluations and goals.
- Facilitates team development by conducting regularly scheduled
team meetings and serving as a role model for staff members.
- Develop and maintain rapport with any and all external
customers and/or referral sources.
- Share on-call responsibilities as indicated per the
- Ensure all fidelity and/or program expectations are met per
program guideline and/or grant funder expectations.
- Performs all required duties regarding the maintenance of all
program-related and administrative data/reports, statistical
records and other data collection activities, such auditing charts,
as specified by Rushford.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Associate's Degree or High School diploma with 10 years'
- Bachelor's Degree in a human services field is preferred
- Three to five years' experience with individuals with chronic
behavioral health conditions, one year of which is in a mental
- Managerial or supervisory experience is highly preferred.
As a Hartford HealthCare entity, Rushford provides eligible
employees with an extensive benefits package consisting of:
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of
hire, including six paid holidays
- Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: William Backus Hospital, Meriden , Program Coordinator - Behavioral Health, Other , Meriden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!