Volunteer Coordinator / Volunteer Services
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Monday - Friday Days
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to
work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every
moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's
most comprehensive healthcare network. Serving our community since
1998, MidState Medical Center is a vibrant and progressive
organization with a genuine concern for our patients, community,
and employee's alike. We've earned top honors for quality stroke
care, gold level recognition for organ donation, and employing
leaders in the field of cardiovascular and pulmonary
rehabilitation, providing the highest quality level of care.
Assists the Regional Manager with the development,
implementation and evaluation of Midstate's Adult and Teen
volunteer program in accordance with current applicable, national,
state and local guidelines. Provides coverage and support to the
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Recruit, onboard and schedule adult and teen volunteers
- Provides oversight to the Summer Teen Volunteer program by
identifying potential areas of assignments, interviewing and
selecting appropriate teens, assisting with orientation, training
and placements in collaboration with the Manager.
- Schedules substitute volunteers as needed and provides
volunteers for special project requests from various
- Handles all requests for Job Shadow experiences.
- Prepares the schedule for all adult and junior volunteers
indicating absences, replacement coverages, and LOA's.
- Prepares the monthly schedule for Main, MOB and COI employees
indicating absences, replacement coverages and LOA's and acts as
- Assists the manager and director in the planning,
implementation, and evaluation of the annual Volunteer Recognition
Event and other volunteer-related events as assigned.
- Orders department supplies; tracks, records, and coordinates
purchasing/invoicing; monitors department budget monthly.
- Prepares and maintains volunteer records in Vsys One Volunteer
Time Management Program and provides required/requested reports in
a timely manner.
- Serves as back up to front desk employees and resolves issues,
handles complaints and equipment issues.
- Manages the department in the absence of the Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree Health Services, Human Resources or similar
- 2-3 years experience working with volunteers, preferably in a
- Customer service experience, handling phone calls, visitors and
inquiries at reception desks
- Some recruiting/interviewing experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Health Services or
- 3-5 years experience as coordinator of a volunteer program,
preferably in a healthcare setting
- 3-5 years experience in customer service areas
- 3-5 years experience in a Human Resources setting with
experience in recruiting, interviewing and placing volunteers.
435 Lewis Avenue
Standard Hours: 40
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours)
Shift Details: 8am -4:30pm M-F
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, Meriden , Volunteer Coordinator / Volunteer Services, Other , Meriden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!