Field Service Engineer
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Field Service Engineer Description We are seeking a highly
motivated Field Support Engineer who, with limited supervision,
executes customer support activities involving the installation,
modification and repair of complex nuclear measurement equipment
and systems. Essential Duties:
- Conduct on-site installation of complex nuclear measurement
equipment and systems, focusing on the setup/configuration of
Canberra hardware and software, using established testing
procedures and training to ensure proper function of systems.
Provide familiarization to the customer on system hardware/software
and its basic modes of operation.
- Troubleshoot and isolate equipment malfunctions and take
corrective actions, analyzing hardware or software issues. Work
closely with Technical Support and Engineering to locate and
correct system faults.
- Complete Field Reports and logs to ensure work performed is
properly documented and all problems in the field are reported and
- Provide professional representation of the Company in all
dealings with customer, creating a positive experience for the
customer. Additional Duties:
- In House Troubleshooting and Repair
- Technical Support (by phone/email) Essential Requirements:
- Technical acumen. Preferably electronics, Mechanical or
- Nuclear background required
- Very good verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, typing/keyboarding skills and
written reporting skills.
- Well-disciplined, self-starter with an enthusiastic,
entrepreneurial spirit being able to work alone or with a
- Must be logical and analytical in approaching solutions to
- Understand and adhere to all safety policies on the job.
- Ability to lift at least 50+ pounds.
- 70% regional travel.
- Must have a valid driver's license. Job Requirements:
- Preferred Skills:
- Knowledge and proficiency of any Canberra products such as High
Purity Germanium (HPGe) Detectors, Sodium Iodide (NaI) detectors,
and Alpha Beta Counting Systems
- Experience using Canberra software such as Genie 2000, Apex
Gamma, Apex In-Vivo, Eclipse, and Apex Alpha Beta.
- Database management experience using SQL Server, Crystal
Reports and/or Access.
- Experience with radiation detection instruments and knowledge
of Navy nuclear industry
- Nuclear Physics and Radiation Principles knowledge and
- Understanding of Gamma Spectroscopy, Alpha/Beta Counting, and
radiation detection principles a plus.
- Complex system troubleshooting to resolution at modular and/or
component level. Experience and Educational Requirements:
- 1-3 years in a technical/customer service position. Must have
excellent technical and customer relations experience to handle the
diversity of systems and their applications.
- A.S. or B.S. degree in Electronics, Nuclear Engineering or
equivalent preferred but not required. Some technical schooling
along with 4+ years related technical experience may be
Keywords: hireneXus, Meriden , Field Service Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Meriden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!