Commercial Lines Team Leader
Company: USI Insurance Services
Posted on: April 8, 2021
General Description: USI Insurance is currently seeking a
Commercial Lines Team Leader for our Meriden, CT office. The Team
Leader will be responsible for managing the operational activities
of the unit/department in order to ensure consistent standards of
service and professionalism. Required to perform essential
functions and meet service standards, Best Practices, and Risk
Management Quality Control standards developed by USI. Individual
in this position may also have responsibilities handling a book of
business and adhere to Account Manager Position description, as
- Provide technical expertise in coordinating the inside service
of new and existing clients through sales, account development, and
problem solving in accordance with the objectives and procedures
based on USI Core Values and Standards.
- Expertise in understanding the USI ONE Advantage; Stewardship
process and deliverables identified via the OMNI engine. Contribute
information and ideas during strategy meetings.
- Respond to client requests for information, documents, and
general insurance inquiries. Handle all aspects of Commercial Lines
Property & Casualty Insurance. Occasional outside service visits,
to the client, may be required.
- Maintain quality control of renewal expirations, avoid any
lapse in coverage. Ensure team members are addressing renewals in a
- Monitor adherence to service standards through Key Performance
Indicator (KPI) reporting.
- Produce and monitor various monthly reports to ensure all
policies have been renewed in a timely manner, invoicing is
completed in accordance with Best Practices, review team members
open items, workloads and backlog.
- Identify, plan and resolve routine department coverage and
workload issues. Take necessary action to resolve issues.
- Perform periodic quality audits, when necessary.
- Maintain client files accurately and consistently; responsible
for proper documentation of files and proper communication to all
in accordance with company workflows, procedures and best
practices. Maintain a high degree of accuracy in agency management
and document management systems.
- Responsible for management of 2 or more employees.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training and development
of the team.
- Manage employees through performance reviews, performance
improvement plans, setting priorities, developing work plans and
schedules, handling department issues, recording time and
attendance and approval of expense reports.
- Other projects or duties, as needed. Knowledge, Skills and
- 5+ years experience in Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance
Agency along with comprehensive understanding of all Property &
Casualty insurance coverage's, underwriting and rating
- High School Graduate. College degree preferred, but not
- Prior managerial experience preferred, but not required.
Ability to manage others effectively.
- Must hold state Property & Casualty insurance license or
willing to obtain one within an agreed upon timeframe.
- Hold an industry designation such as ARM, CIC, and CPCU or
expected to further industry knowledge through courses with intent
to pursue an industry designation.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and
- Must be comfortable with internet based programs as well as
intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office products. Knowledge of
Sagitta/ImageRight preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal
instruction and a high degree of accuracy.
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient,
timely and accurate processing of transactions and other
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients,
co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts. Ability
to work in a team environment.
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product
information, legislation, coverage's and technology to continuously
improve knowledge and performance.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good
communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing
information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals
of the company. Interested in hearing about other USI Career
Opportunities? EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Notice to 3rd Party Recruiters We endeavor to make this site
accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us,
please email firstname.lastname@example.org 100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400,
Valhalla, NY 10595
Keywords: USI Insurance Services, Meriden , Commercial Lines Team Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , Meriden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!