RN Home therapies
Company: Fresenius Medical Center
Posted on: January 28, 2023
About this role: As a Home Therapies Registered Nurse, you will
manage patient care in an independent home therapy program by
providing education and support to patients and caretakers who have
chosen to dialyze in the comfort of their home. This role is
primarily clinic based, you will conduct an initial visit to the
homes of patients to assess home therapy readiness with regular
training and follow-up visits within the clinic environment.How you
grow or advance: As a Home Therapies Registered Nurse, you will
enter our Clinical Advancement Program (CAP) to grow and advance in
your career. By participating in CAP, you will develop clinical
leadership skills, derive greater career satisfaction, have an
opportunity to share your expertise with others, and be recognized
for your experience, knowledge, and clinical expertise. All new
hires will begin at the appropriate CAP level based on prior
experience and education.Our culture: We believe our employees are
our most important asset we value, care about, and support our
people. We are there when you may need us most, from tuition
reimbursement to support your education goals, granting
scholarships to family members, delivering relief when natural
disasters strike, or providing financial support when personal
hardship hits, we take care of our people.Our focus on diversity:
We have built a nurturing environment that welcomes every age,
race, gender, sexual orientation, background, and cultural
tradition. We have a diverse range of employee resource groups
(ERGs) to encourage employees with similar interests, goals, social
and cultural backgrounds, or experiences to come together for
professional and personal development, discussion, activities, and
peer support. Our diverse workforce and culture encourage
opportunity, equity, and inclusion for all, which is a tremendous
asset that sets us apart.At Fresenius Medical Care, you will truly
make a difference in the lives of people living with kidney
disease. If this sounds like the career and company you have been
looking for, and you want to be a vital part of the future of
healthcare, apply today.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:All
duties and responsibilities are expected to be performed in
accordance with Fresenius Kidney Care policy, procedures, standards
of nursing practice, state, and federal regulations.
- As a member of the nephrology health care team, you will
participate in decision-making, teaching, leadership, and quality
improvement activities that enhance patient care outcomes and home
therapies program operations.
- Identifies and evaluates candidates for the Home Therapies
Program including assessment of patients home environment if
- Performs assessment and identifies barriers of the Home
Dialysis candidates home environment and caretaker readiness and
ability to perform dialysis treatments in the home.
- Admits new patients to the Home Therapies Program using the
- Coordinates patient care including assessment, planning,
intervention, and evaluation for an assigned group of hemodialysis
- Assesses and manages patients response to home dialysis
training and treatment therapy by following prescribed
- Analyzes dialysis data for Home Therapy patients and documents
and adjusts or modifies the treatment plan as needed.
- Provides initial and ongoing education to patient and family on
home dialysis treatment and the operation and maintenance of all
home therapies equipment.
- Ensures patient awareness related to transplant and treatment
- Administers medications as prescribed or in accordance with
approved algorithm(s), and document appropriate medical
justification and effectiveness.
- Initiates or assist with emergency response measures.
- Completes routine patient evaluations within the clinic
- Ensures correct laboratory collection, processing, and shipping
procedures are performed.
- Collaborates with the Interdisciplinary Team on the patient
- Makes referrals to Social Worker and Registered Dietitian as
- Completes CAP requirements to either maintain or advance within
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Current or successful completion of CPR BLS Certification.
- Must meet the practice requirements in the state in which he or
she is employed.EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Qualities and traits: compassion, caring, support for
colleagues, collaborative, reliable.
- Experience as a Registered Nurse (preferred but not
- Chronic/home hemodialysis experience (preferred but not
- Successfully pass the Ishihara Color Blind Test.PHYSICAL
DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly
involves heavy lifting, moving of patients and assisting with
ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide
- This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing
and the employee must be able to bend over.
- The employee may occasionally be required to move, with
assistance, machines, and equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift
chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. as high as 5
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise
- May be exposed to infectious and contagious
- Day to day work includes desk work, computer work, interaction
with patients, facility/hospital staff and physicians.
- The position may require travel to home dialysis patient homes,
training sites or other facilities.
- May be asked to provide essential functions of this position in
other locations with the same physical demands and working
conditions as described above.EO/AA Employer:
IdentityFresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Center, Meriden , RN Home therapies, Healthcare , Meriden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!