Posted on: January 25, 2023
Under the direction of a Radiologist, the Ultrasonographer performs
exams at a technical level that does not require direct supervision
over technical detail. - Conducts a wide variety of Ultrasound
examinations including abdominal, obstetric, gynecologic, venous,
small parts and breast. - Assists with interventional procedures. -
Uses independent judgment, ingenuity and acquired knowledge to
obtain quality diagnostic images. - -May be asked to learn and
perform pre-brachy-therapy mapping and assists in Operating Room
with procedures. Registered in 0-1 certifications by the ARDMS (or
- Graduate of accredited program of Diagnostic Sonography
approved by the American College of Radiology.
- Certified through the American Society for Diagnostic Medical
Sonography (RDMS) as RDMS (OB or AB), RT(S), RT (VS), RVT, or RVS).
- New Graduates must obtain RDMS certification within one year of
hire or within 24 months of their graduation date, whichever is
- Must maintain all qualifications from the American College of
Radiology accreditation requirements for Ultrasound and/or RT(S)
continuing education requirements.
- Must have certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support upon hire
and maintain clinical competency during employment with ECHN in
- A minimum of one year experience working within a Medical
Imaging Department doing diagnostic and/or vascular Sonography is
- Experience working with and caring for all age groups of
patients, and complete knowledge of physics, anatomy, medical
terminology, sterile technique and universal safety protection as
it relates to Radiology practice is necessary. -
- Must be fluent in English to effectively read and understand
patient monitors and procedures ordered. -
- Frequent communications with patients from all age groups as
well as Nursing Stations, Physicians and co-workers is required.
- Bilingual capabilities in Spanish are desirable, but not
required. - -
- This position requires the incumbent work cooperatively with
department staff by sharing in taking rotational call and holiday
hours. - -
- Must have access to reliable transportation to travel between
multiple work sites; and travel is required in order to perform
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be
construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills,
efforts or working conditions associated with the job. - They are
intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and
responsibilities of this position. - These responsibilities and
competencies listed below may change from time to time.
- Properly identifies and prepares patient for the Ultrasound
- Obtains optimal Ultrasound images.
- Utilizes proper equipment and systems pertinent to
- Assists physicians with biopsies, aspirations, trans vaginal
exams, OR exams, and other special procedures.
- Maintains adequate records of all Ultrasound exams including
- Maintains and cleans Ultrasound equipment and examination rooms
in compliance with universal precautions.
- Completes general, unit, department specifics, and competencies
including age specific competencies.
- Maintains required inventory of supplies.
- Coordinates and prioritizes in-house and outpatient
- Responsible for patient's safety, well-being, and privacy at
- Maintains accreditation status with ACR standards.
- Instructs Ultrasound students in clinical procedures.
- Responsible for adhering to all radiation protection standards
and for donning all radiation protection apparel inclusive of
wearing and changing of current monitoring devices.
- Ability to disinfect all probes properly according to
- Performs similar and related duties as required.
Keywords: ECHN, Meriden , Ultrasonographer 1, Healthcare , Meriden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!