NEW OPPORTUNITY!! LONG-TERM CARE DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Company: The Curtis Home
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Curtis Home, a small 60-bed non-profit long term care
facility located in Meriden is seeking the perfect candidate for
our Director of Finance**The Curtis Home is a non-profit, 60-bed
skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility located in Meriden,
Connecticut. We provide specialized care for residents from the
greater Meriden, Wallingford, Cheshire area and all of
Connecticut.We are dedicated to helping adults of all ages live as
independently as possible. This is accomplished through various
- Long-term and short-term nursing care
- Rehabilitation and therapeutic care
- Speech, physical and occupational therapy
- Respite care
- Hospice careThe day-to-day operations at The Curtis Home are
overseen by an Executive Director who reports to a Board of
Directors, compromised of voluntary community members.There is no
way to put a price on the happiness that our elderly feel when they
experience even the smallest glimpse of hard-won independence. Our
staff, volunteers and donors are passionately involved in
maximizing the independence and therefore the happiness of the
elderly we serve. We look forward to continuing the proud tradition
of The Curtis Home.Finance Director Job SummaryWe are seeking a
dynamic finance director with a proven track record of success to
manage and direct all company finances. Responsibilities include
complex data analysis, budget forecasting, overseeing accounts and
budgets, and making strategic financial decisions that will promote
long-term financial gain. You must have extensive experience in the
financial sector with strong financial vision and insight to match.
Healthcare experience is preferred.Finance Director Duties and
- Direct and monitor all financial activity of the
- Manage company cash flow
- Outline and implement company-wide budget plans.
- Prepare company financial statements monthly and annually, as
- Oversee all accounting work and set up internal and external
audits to ensure accuracy of information
- Use data analysis to strategically forecast financial
- Work with and advise The Board of Directors on solid financial
decision making to increase profits and minimize losses.
- Provide strategic financial planning advice to upper management
for long-term growth.
- Establish internal work processes for financial
department(including accounting and billing) and monitor their
- Maintain and manage investor client relationships
- Analyze and interpret financial data and present information
with reports and presentations to the board of directors and
- Manage cash from any outside grants or funding.
- Stay abreast of current market trends and patterns and act
- Assess company spending and work to reduce costs.
- Manage the finance department, training any new employees as
- Have clear understanding of and adhere to current laws and
regulations.Finance Director Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Finance,
Accounting, or related field.
- 2 + years experience preferred in healthcare setting
- Proficiency in Excel and other business software
- Extremely knowledgeable in financial forecasting accounting
principles, and financial data analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the propensity to successfully
foster new and maintain long-standing business relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written;
skilled in the art of negotiation.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and delegate responsibilities
in an effective and efficient manner.
- Outstanding integrity, solid moral judgement, and ability to
make important decisions under pressure
- Expert problem solver, analytical thinker, and
- Possess strong leadership skills and business acumen''Work
Location: * One location
- Work Remotely*Job Type: Full-timeBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time offPhysical Setting:
- 8 hour shiftAbility to commute/relocate:
- Meriden, CT 06450: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Preferred)Application Question(s):
- Do you have any long-term care experience in a nursing
- Bachelor's (Preferred)Experience:
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)Work Location: One location
Keywords: The Curtis Home, Meriden , NEW OPPORTUNITY!! LONG-TERM CARE DIRECTOR OF FINANCE, Executive , Meriden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!