Company: Spencer Ogden
Posted on: April 6, 2021
**Must be able to commute to office 3-5x a week**
Lead the design, engineering, and procurement teams for a variety
of solar projects ranging from 50 kW to 25 MWdc. Drive internal
teams and contractors to win RFPs, design innovative projects,
procure at the lowest cost, and close out projects on time and on
budget. Lead process improvements and technology innovation.
- Lead the design, cost-estimation, engineering, and procurement
teams in driving projects from inception to winning bid and then
through construction to commercial operations.
- Work closely with business development and project financing to
create innovative designs at the lowest cost to win customer
- Develop and grow team members to achieve best-in-class cost,
quality, and timeliness.
- Continuously evaluate and improve accuracy of energy-generation
- Plan and drive project schedules and anticipate bottlenecks to
ensure on-time delivery.
- Proactively coordinate with construction to ensure smooth flow
and on-time closeouts.
- Drive supplier RFPs and negotiate contracts for major system
components, subcontractors, civil work, and installers to achieve
the lowest cost and highest quality.
- Implement quality control procedures to ensure compliance with
codes, regulations, and customer requirements.
- Assist construction team in commissioning new projects and
- Support project financing to ensure expeditious financial
closing after COD.
- Help the O&M team in evaluating performance issues with
- Drive subcontractors and vendors while maintaining positive
- Communicate and escalate professionally to drive tasks and
- Travel and inspect pre-bid site walks and during construction
- Set and maintain high standards of ethics, quality, and
- Bachelor degree in engineering, construction management, or
- 7-10 years of experience in large-scale engineering and
- Proven leadership and project-management experience.
- 3-5 years of experience leading inhouse teams and third-party
- Deep understanding of solar energy-generation modelling.
- Professional engineer, electrical license, or electrical
contracting experience preferred.
- Strong familiarity with solar, electrical, and construction
- Background in solar engineering, construction, and/or
operations and maintenance.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Outlook), Project, and Visio.
- Clear oral and written communication skills.
Keywords: Spencer Ogden, Meriden , VP, EPC, Executive , Meriden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!