Company: The Record Journal
Posted on: February 19, 2021
The RJ Media Group is seeking a Media Consultant for our daily
and weekly print publications and our websites. This position is
responsible for developing new business, servicing existing
business, and integrating our entire product line of advertising
solutions (print & online) to maximize revenue and serve customer
needs. This role is primarily responsible for sales and business
development in the towns of North Haven and Wallingford. In
addition to our print publication, we also offer a full set of
digital marketing solutions including SEO, SEM, Email, Targeted
Online, and Social Media Marketing programs designed to help our
clients grow their business.
The RJ Media Group is a 5th generation, family-owned media company
operating in central CT. We publish a daily newspaper, 8 community
weeklies, two websites, and employ 65 people.
The ideal candidate should have outside sales experience and will
be driven to meet and exceed sales goals. You must be comfortable
with cold calling, making sales presentations, and preferably, have
awareness of local businesses in Meriden and surrounding towns.
- Sell new business advertising (print & online), service
existing accounts, and participate in sales initiatives.
- Visit potential new business customers to discuss the
advantages, cost, and experience in advertising with all RJ Media
Group publications and products.
- Obtain contract agreements for advertising space at specified
- Maintain communication with current and prospective customers
including visits and calls.
- Review credit and contract reports for the purpose of knowing
the status of accounts.
- Attend weekly sales meetings.
- Maintain files and accurate recordkeeping. MINIMUM
- Knowledge of advertising and promotion concepts normally
acquired through the completion of high school, and 2-3 years of
sales experience. A college degree is preferred.
- Must be organized, have good verbal and written communication
skills, intermediate math aptitude, and the ability to thrive in a
fast-paced competitive environment.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to negotiate, persuade, and
close a sale.
- Ability to make sound and ethical decisions.
- Must be able to handle different and changing situations.
- This position requires the ability to travel locally to visit
customers. A valid driver's license and vehicle are required; or,
if no driver's license, reliable and at-the-ready transportation.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse
workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability. Any candidate selected must
pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of
Keywords: The Record Journal, Meriden , Media Consultant, Advertising , Meriden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!